Total Pound Lost: 5 lbs
Target Weight : 110-115 lbs
More to go…….
My energy level has dramatically increased. I can finish my work out routine and not feel winded. The push ups and squats are becoming less painful and I could see visible definition on my muscles and abs.
The physical results of healthy eating ( don’t want to call it dieting any more) and regular work out are very important to me . Other than the decline on my weight , I need to see that my body is also going through desirable transformation. Specially as we age , our muscles loses firmness and our skin has less and less elasticity thus you see sagging arm or flat butt. If I could not see any results from my work out then it would be very hard for me to get motivated to keep eating healthy and do any physical activities.
Its too soon to post pictures but when I get to where I wanna be I would definitely show it off but not just to brag but perhaps to inspire others that if I can do it so can you.
Eating Healthy:
My quick and easy version of Chicken Teriyaki.
This recipe doesn’t need too long of prep time like my other version where the chicken or meat had to be marinate for period of time before you can grill or bbq it. This one is when you don’t have much time but still get similar flavor and still is very healthy
Quick And Easy Chicken Teriyaki
Ingredients:
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast. Cut into thin strips/pieces,
- 1" thick ginger . Cut into big chucks so you can just fish it out if u don’t like biting into the spicy ginger.
- 3 cloves of garlic , smashed and chopped finely
- half of a medium size onion , chopped finely
- ½ cup Kikkoman teriyaki sauce
- ¾ cup apple juice
- olive oil for sautéing
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs brown sugar ( optional )
- 1 tbs Corn starch dissolved in some water
Heat skillet . Medium to high heat
Add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
Sauté garlic, onion and ginger till transparent
Add chicken, salt and pepper
let cook for about 2 mins or till the chicken is slightly cooked.
Add teriyaki sauce, apple juice and sugar.
Use spatula to move/mix the chicken around the pan then
let cook for another 4-6 minutes or till it boils.
Slowly add corn starch solution while mixing.
Cook for another 2 mins.
Serve with steamed rice

2 Shared Their Thoughts:
WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! I am so proud of you, Mel!
I need to catch up on you. I gained a whopping 1.5 lbs from bingeing last weekend but am back on track.. told DH no more dining out on the weekends.
I will definitely try your recipe but will substitute white rice with brown rice or whole grain long rice.
Keep it up, buddy :-)
Rhebs,
Thanx but I still have MILES to go before I could look like you.
Eating out is probably one of the main reason why my & Grant gained so much weight. Last year , we kinda got into a habbit of eating fast food too often than we normally would but NOW we really made a promise that we are gonna cut back. Saves us lots of money too :). I now cook for Grant's lunch to bring to work ( w/c I used to do anyway) and we have plenty of left over for dinner.
Brown rice is a healthier alternative but my kids and husband don't have any appreciation for gourmet food. Princess asked " why is the rice dirty? " hahahha so I ended up eating the whole pot of brown rice pilaf that I made for dinner coz I don't want it to go to waste . I love the nuttiness and earthy flavor of brown rice .
Well, you are my big influence and I am crossing my finger that I could meet my goal.
Post a Comment