Feb 28, 2008

Frisco Part 3

Final Chapter on our road trip to SF.

After raining for 2 days, Wednesday was all sun w/c was great. We took the kids to the zoo and they absolutely loved it. But, a few minutes after walking in to this vast menagere of animals , we realized that this was the exact same zoo where a tiger got lose and attacked and killed some teenagers ( ohmagosh!!!!). That was a buzzkill coz then I was more afraid for my kids and couldn't really enjoy the beauty of these amazing creatures ( BTW, no offense to the SF zoo, but if u ever come to visit Portland, you'll find our zoo has a better selection of animals and much nicer cages ).




Somebody feed This poor Giraffe Did he just gave mo a thumbs up??



Taking a quick break after a long walk. Is That Hedwig?



The rest of the week was just mostly driving around, taking pictures and pigging out.
I took so many pictures that we had to save them to an external hardrive (maybe 3Gb of pics)Here are some of my most favorite shots.



The Golden Gate Bridge





The San Francisco Bay In the Background




A sight to behold. The City Of San Francisco




Entrance To ChinaTown



What A Surprise To See A Reminder Of Home.Chicken Joy Tasted So Good!!



A Beautiful Rainbow Guided Us On Our Way Back Home




It was a memorable week. San Francisco is such an eclectic city. I've never seen so many variation of race and culture in one city. At one Target store, I saw so many filipino I thought I wasn't in the US any more. So much thing you can & see and it makes the visit all the more worth while. Another dream come true for a girl from a small town in QC.

3 Shared Their Thoughts:

Neneng said...

hi mel, nice travelogue u got there. Ako hanggang hotel next to the airport lang nang SF ang gala ko hahaa. And oh airview of the golden gate of course. I would love to visit that city in the future. Love the photos!

Francesca said...

its always nice to travel and learn a lot from the experience.
Tama yan, widen out, not always at own corner.
We can see things via internet, but its different feeling when it is live.

Ganda mo p rin meldz, I dont know how you do it?

~Mheldz said...

Thanks Van,
We saved a lot by driving there coz California is soooo expensive and there's sales tax. Na-spioled kami d2 sa Oregon where its tax free so mura ang bilihin.

What's also great about SF is na aliw na ako kahit nag drive lang kami around town kc magaganda ang view.

Sana kami din maka uwi sa pinas for a long awaited vacation.



Miss F,
Merci...lols...

If I'd given the opportunity ( & money)I'd travel the world. Not only it enriches your knowledge about culture,history,tradition and places but it also give you a comparison of where you are right now. Like in our case , we found out how lucky we are to live in a very relaxed,family friendly and tax free state of Oregon.

Ipon kami ng pera so we can visit Europe one day ( fingers crossed ) . BTW, euro is so strong right now that even if I have extra cahs, I'd have 2nd thought traveling to europe .I'll wait till the dollars goes up a bit.

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive