Mar 26, 2008

Visiting L.A.

It was just a month ago when we drove from Portland Oregon to San Francisco and it was one of the best vacation our family have hadso far . Last week dh got an assignment from their branch office in Beverly Hills .Perfect timing for us to spend Spring break and the chance to see another one of the great cities in California.

Long drive for sure....about 16 hours but we stop over in Sacramento and then drove another 6 hours to LA the next day.

Because this is not exactly a "family vacation"( sabit lang kami lols ) I don't have any pictures to show yet. DH had to go to work and come back to the hotel in time for dinner. We brought enough toys, movies and books to keep them busy and entertained while inside a hotel room. The good thing is , since the company pays for the accommodation and food, they got us a really nice hotel in the heart of Beverly Hills ( a lot better than the one we stayed in San Francisco).There's plenty of cable channel and free high speed internet.The kids don't really understand why we had to go back to California but they are too amused about the nice room and large flat screen TV so they are not complaining ( yet!).


Since we got here Sunday night,we had the chance to drive around town and every evening when DH gets back from the office to find restaurant to get food.
Not wanting to look too obvious with my admiration and amazement to this famous city, I try not to make many comments about the modern buildings that some are familiar coz I've seen them on TV ( The Kodak theater,Universal Studio,famous store and restaurants) but deep inside ( sa totoo lang) I was like " oh my gosh!!I can't believe I'm in Beverly Hills" ( that's the voice of the little girl from QC who once only dreamed about actually seeing such world famous city).

Thank god that we don't actually have to pay for this trip because it is really expensive here. I am not ready to spend 50$ for dinner unless its my birthday ( kuripot daw!! ).While driving around to find reasonably priced restaurant ( ung mura lang po) which is hard I guess if you are in the center of LA, I've noticed that most people are very hip and fashionable. I can't help but notice my own outfit and feel a little insecure. Not that I was wearing a piece of sack but really , I would feel uncomfortable if I had to stand to somebody who dressed up like Parish Hilton or Lindsey Lohan while getting coffee at Starbucks.

The next couple of days will be much of the same but we might have to do something fun on the weekend.

Have a happy Spring break to ya'll


The I5 highway. We drove almost 1000 miles in this highway from Portland to LA. I wonder how long it took to build this really really long high way that goes all the way north to Canadian border in Blane Washinton down south to Mexican border in San Ysidro





We had sushi for dinner the other night .I didn't like the combination of cream cheese with fresh salmon.We also got tempura which was really good with its light & crispy batter and the beef teriyaki also didn't disappoint.

4 Shared Their Thoughts:

Rhebs said...

Mel, enjoy Beverly Hills... and if you get a chance have picture taken at the red carpet as well ;-)

Hugs to you and your beautiful kiddos.

Have fun :-)

according2whom said...

Mel, you guys really loved roadtrips huh? Enjoy BH sis! Hopefully you guys will stay in LA for a while until MAY, we're going to San Diego first week of May so hopefully u guys can swing by in there or let's pick a place to meet I'll try my best to meet u half way if I can lol...

PinayWAHM said...

Nothing is better than going on trip that we don't pay for...haha...

We were in LA years ago for a friend's wedding...2005 ata. Not much sightseeing kasi puro friends-seeing. I have bunches of friends around that area from my previous 'lives'...parang pusa ano?

Enjoy...

Juliana

Francesca said...

meldz, i saw that salmon with cream in some "traiteur"(high class food business) and its really tempting to have one, but the price, mama mia!
musta mula sa amin.

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive