Oct 10, 2009

Busy Week

As much as I want to update my blog everyday I realized that
my schedule is too tight and sometimes crazy so I decided I'd update my blog every weekend and I will talk about stuff that happened to me that week, movies I watched or anything else that I would want to remember later on.

Monday is the usual crazy day but I think I managed my time pretty well.
I was mad at Grant coz he didn't eat his lunch that I made for him and I told him I wont make lunch for him anymore :( . It was also Shinjo's first meeting with PSU's speech clinician Sarah. It felt weird driving through downtown PDX again after a couple of month off. The roads were different because there was a dedicated lane for bikers and also more road side parking for cars. We met Sarah at 1pm and I think Shinjo likes her .

Tuesday,Wednesday & Thursday were about the same . Grant had his friend Ian visit but it was late at night so I just stayed in our room and let the two of them hang out & play video games till past midnight.

Friday morning, kids have no school so we stayed in bed till almost 9am. I made the kids french toasts & I boiled water so I could make myself a hot cup of coffee which was decaf coz since I quit drinking caffein a months ago I didn't have coffee beans in the fridge like I used to.

My usual weekend morning routine is sit in front of the computer , check the headlines in the news while drinking my cup of joe..only this time it's decaf. I didn't feel like drinking tea , maybe I wanted the smell of coffee...anyway...I was surprised to see the big headline for Friday morning , President Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize!!! I was like...don't they award that to older people?? Ofcourse it was a huge news and it's amuzing to read people's reaction about esp. the republicans. Thank god there is the Rachel Maddow Show to give a better perspective on why the Nobel commitee decided that Obama should be given the award. I was so proud of Pres. Obama and you'd think tje entire nation felt the same way but any are just filled with hatred that it seems they live & breath just hating Pres. Obama no matter what he do. Here is one of my favorite comment from many of the readers ( there were like 30thousand plus comments about Obama winning the Nobel just in that  linked website alone) :
As I said below, for conservatives, "peace" means the silence of the battle field, which occurs only after you have "won" and your enemies lie silent at your feet.
For them, peace will only come after S@T@n has been defeated and Chr1st, victorious, stands astride a world which worships at his feet.
For progressives, peace is the absence of war. Any steps taken to deter the loss of life and create concord between peoples is an act of peace.
The prize was awarded "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples"; A progressive holding of the meaning of "peace" if ever there ever was one. Definitely not the peace of the right wing Dominionists. Hence the disconnect.
As the other article, pointing out Cheney's silence in the face of Obama's anti-terrorism victories, this prize, too, points out the efficacy of words and brains over sheer might and bombast.
The adults are back in charge and the adolescents don't like it one little bit.
I admit I am a news junkie or a politic junkie and I consider myself as a progressive so expect to see many more topics about politics in this blog esp important event like this which was a really big deal.

Saturday , I was sooo lazy!!! Grant had to go to work to finish a project and mom was sick upstairs so I didn't feel like doing anything at all.
I was wearing my froggy pajamas till 2pm lols...
But by 2:30 Grant called & he said he's on his way home with Matt and that I could go to the gym. I was literally dragging my feet. First of all, just got tired of the gym closest to our house. The parking is awful and people looks so boring. I've gotten used to the gym at T.V. highway in Hillsboro that I go to after I drop Shinjo off to school. Anyhoo...I still manged to do 4 miles of cardio, some upper body weight training and my regular abs work out routine.
I planned of stricting my diet even more starting next week. I think I'm gonna make a big batch of soup and that's all I'm gonna eat and I'll try to avoid carbs. Lets see if that'll work to lose weight.

Ok that it for now.
I hope there's more interesting stuff to write for next week ")

1 Shared Their Thoughts:

~Mheldz said...

Sometimes the news scares me. There's a lot of wackos out there and it has been disclosed that the secret service lacks manpower!! Just today, Fri-Oct16, Obama went to Texas to appear w/ the former pres. Bush ( 41). Of all places..why Texas!!

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive