Jan 17, 2008

A Pound A Week

Its what the health expert says when it comes to losing weight. I started out lat week doing 30-40 mins with the elliptical every other day and strictly monitoring my diet ( although I still sneak little bites of treats ) . In the past I would go crazy with my work out routine then crash and burn after a 2 weeks or so and could never recover. I plan to do it gradually this time and be more honest with myself.

I incorporated some aerobic work out as well so I don’t get bored with the machine. I had this work our video of Carmen Electra for while now and its one of my favorite work out coz it addresses all of muscle groups and the routine are quite challenging ( which I like) plus you get inspired by Carmen’s gorgeous physique that makes you tell yourself “ I wanna have that kind of body “.Today I weigh myself and I lost 1.5 pound.
Good start.. good start...

I decided that I’m gonna post my progress in here in my blog ( like Geri & Rhebs) coz I think it helps your motivation. I really, really hope that I can reach my goal this year. Its hard…very hard…. every push ups , every crunches , every minutes on the machine…its hard and it hurts…but I know that the result will be so much rewarding..

Special Thanks to Rhebs for sharing with me some useful tools for my weight loss goals. I really appreciate it. I’ll try to keep up with the meal tracker.


Eating Healthy
Do you love dumplings??
Here is an easy way of making it with all the flavors but without the guilt.

Steamed Dumplings

Note: Measurements depends on how many people are going to eat. A pound of ground turkey should be enough for 4-5 people. I just eye-ball the measurements so its all up to you but make sure ingredients are chopped very finely so it is easier to keep the warpper sealed. Reserve some of garlic and green onions for your dipping sauce



  • Dumpling wrappers

  • Ground Turkey (white meat)

  • Crushed Garlic

  • Chopped Green Onions

  • Chopped White or Shitaki mushroom

  • Chopped Water Chestnuts( for some crunch)

  • Egg whites(to seal the meat inside the wrappers)

  • Salt and pepper to taste

  • A teaspoon or so of paprika

  • Half teaspoon of brown sugar (optional)



Dipping Sauce

  • Vinegar

  • Soya sauce

  • reserve garlic and green onions

  • pepper and some sugar to taste



Mix ingredient together and set aside for 5-10 mins to let all the flavor blend in .
Wrappers has to be in room temperature so it wont break.
Start boiling a little bit of water on a big pot with lid.
If you don’t have a steamer, just put a small bowl upside down and put a larger plate on top where you can arrange your dumpling to steam.
Spray a little bit of Pam on your steaming plate or wipe with oil so wrappers wont stick.

While waiting for the water to boil. start wrapping your meat. Make sure that you seal it tight so juices wont come out.
Steam till wrapper looks transparent. Avoid over cooking.

Serve with Dipping sauce.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Dark Spots On Your T.V.???

My son found some magnets and thought that it will be fun to stick them on our TV screen while the color changes as he glides those little magnets and as a result was some discoloration on the screen. I freaked out because I thought we’ll gonna have to spend money on a new TV set. DH found a solution which was kinda cool so I thought I’d share them to you just in case you have the same problem. Its all here in this website http://www.woil.ws/fixmonitor/.

2 Shared Their Thoughts:

Francesca said...

go for that stay fit and eat right!

its rare pa naman to do that in america where the food is abundant.

Oi, in a month, I would like to know how many na u lost ha?

Thanks for these tips too

Mommy said...

fave ko ang dumplings miss ko n nga kainin yan if i have time to make this Ill try your recipe

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive