Jan 21, 2008

Bridges

The weather guy says that we will be experiencing 'arctic temperature" in the next few days and he was right on the money. Its been so freezing and I just didn’t feel like doing anything. Still ,its early in the day so I can still do my work out later on after all the chores are done ( and my blogging of course). My DS is coughing and has slight fever so I gave him some meds and it made him tired and sleepy. He’s been in bed all day ( poor thing).

Since there’s nothing new going on in my little life, I my mind decided to go back in the past and thought about all the beautiful places that I’ve seen. I truly regret that I didn’t have a camera back then to capture those amazing places. Thanks to the internet , I can still see the pictures of these stuff that I once and still do admires . In another life I think I would have become an architect or an engineer because I love looking at beautiful buildings ,sculptures, monuments and bridges .

First in my mind is the Penang Bridge in Malaysia. I was very young when I went to Penang back in 1991 and even then I already have such deep appreciation about this beautiful structure. I’m thinking maybe because in the Philippines were we have so many bridges , we don’t have anything as remarkable as the Penang bridge. We do have the San Juanico bridge in Leyte but it’s only 2 km long compared to over 13km length of Penang Bridge.





The Penang Bridge



When I was in Hong Kong 8 years ago, I was fortunate enough to see Tsing Ma bridge that takes you to the new Hong Kong International Airport (chep lap kok) . This bridge is immensely long( 1,377 metres ) and the view was just spectacular. You can take the bus or the train to get to the airport and back and they all goes through Tsing Ma Bridge.





Tsing Ma Bridge




When I came to New York in 2004 , the my eyes was just field with so many amazing structures. Old classic buildings with all its original details , unique sculptures and artworks and bridges. oh boy, do they have quite a few especially in downtown NY but of course the most popular of all is the Brooklyn bridge. I remember while driving through that bridge that I had to pinch myself and say “ Wow , I truly am in NY”.



The Brooklyn Bridge .Photo curtesy of hemmy.net




I hope someday I'd see the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, Stobaelt in Denmark, The Sidney Harbour Bridge in Australia , Le Pont de Normandie and in The Millau Bridge France , the Tower Bridge and the Westminster Bridge in the UK.

Special Thanks To These Websites For The Photographs:
http://www.bestcoolpics.blogspot.com/
www.stringthebean.blogspot.com
www.globalgeografia.com
http://www.edsphotoblog.com
http://www.fintecna.it/

0 Shared Their Thoughts:

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive