Jan 22, 2008

Weighing In

Week 2 : 1.5 lost
Total Weight Lost : 3 lbs
.


I find it truly encouraging to put your progress in writing or better yet , in your blog.
I was afraid that I didn’t lose any weight because Shinjo got sick on the weekends and I just couldn't do my work out while worrying at the same time but I tried really hard to keep my portion control . I cheated a little bit after my kids requested chocolate cake for dessert :).

Monday Shinjo still has high fever and I just monitored his temperature in case it spikes up and we have to rush to the ER. Fortunately, his fever subsided in the evening .

I didn’t do my work out for 3 day L so today I was adamant to step on the scale but I was glad I did because it went down another one and a half pound. It was enough to give me the adrenaline to do my cardio routine and even went over a few extra minutes.


I am really inspired by Rhebs, Tony and Geri because they are consistent with their weight loss goal and they have the body to prove it. I’ve been seeing a lot of programs out there to help shed excess pounds but I’m too cheap to spend any dollars. I have a few work out DVD’s at home and a couple of work out machine so I think the thought of wasted money if I don’t use them would drive me to take advantage of stuff that I already have and later on if there’s negative result then I would definitely sign up on something even buy a gym membership coz I really don’t want the size of my clothes to go higher….lower….it should be lower…size 2-4 would be ideal.





Eating Healthy

Chicken Cutlet With Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese and Stir-fried Veggies




Note: This is my own version of famous chicken parma but w/ a little healthier twist

Ingredients:

  • Chicken Breast or tenders : cut into small strips and pounded till thin.

  • parmesan and mozzarella cheese

  • Mustrad

  • Olive oil

  • Salt and pepper



Heat your non-stick skillet and add oil. Avoid over heating because olive oil burns faster than regular cooking oil.
Mean time , season your chicken with salt and pepper.
With a turkey or basting brush , smother chicken cutlet with mustard
then roll them in the cheese mixture till covered.
Fry them in batches to brown evenly.
Don’t over crowed the skillet coz heat wont circulate and chicken will get soggy.

Set aside cooked cutlets over paper towels .

Stir-Fry Veggies

  • Yellow and Red bell pepper cut into thin strips

  • Broccoli florets

  • Onion sliced thin

  • Some garlic

  • Some broth ( chicken or beef)

  • Olive oil



Heat skillet then add olive oil
Saute garlic and onion till transparent , don’t let it get brown.
Add broccoli and let cook for 2 mins.
When broccoli is tender, add the yellow and red bell pepper.
Add broth ( just enough to steam the veggies )
Season with salt and pepper.
Cook for another 2 mins.

Serve with steamed rice or fresh baked rolls.

2 Shared Their Thoughts:

Rhebs said...

WAY TO GO, Buddy!!!!

Mel, I have yet to talk to you live on air ;-) Sorry, I didn't get a chance to call you last weekend because I was on the Accelerated Tax Training classses whole day of Saturday, Sunday and Monday! So as you can imagine, I was so exhausted at the beginning of this week.

Anyway, keep dropping the pounds off your body. If you are working out religiously, don't worry too much about the scale... make sure you do the measurement and logged them into the program. You'll be amazed that even if you didn't really drop that much weight, your clothes are fitting loose.

I tried to stay between 1100-1500 calories per day and work out at least an hour 5 times a week (3 times a week cardio and twice a week strenght training).


p.s.
I already lost the 2.5lbs that I put on when I was in Ohio last week.. .am now back to 114.5 lbs yay!

~Mheldz said...

Rhebs,
I am just so amazed at your level of energy and hard work. I imagine myself having a real hard time focusing on the books and lessons and keeping it all in my brain..

I am so inconsistent with recording my meals coz I have abad habbit of tasting my kids food and whenI cook , I can't help myself having a taste of the dishes before I serve them and those little bites here in there adds up. What I try to do now is chew sugar free gum when I'm cooking so I wont be tempted to take a bite.

I am targeting the same calorie count too . *sigh* Hirap na talaga pag nagkaka edad na..its not as easy anymore to be thin.

** Call me on my cellphone on the weekends Rhebs,

TC


Geri,
I am sooo excited to wear my skinny pants again.
I have finally embraced the fact that eatign healthy & being physically active is a lifestyle , not just a fad or something you'd do whenever you feel like it.
With age and other factors , I can't just sit around and let myself go...Kahit masakit ang katawan ko sige pa din work out hahahaa..kasi if I stop hirap na naman ako bumalik sa routine.The benefit is , nagkaka korte na ulit ako and it doesn't hurt anymore when I bend down ( naiipit ang puson and bilbil)..

Keep it up Geri , I'm right behind you hehehee...habol ako sa weight lose goal mo.

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive