Sep 28, 2009

Why The Long Absence?

Almost 8 months that I didn't touch my blog when I spent countless hours
tweeking html codes till I was happy with the layout and not to mention editing pics and researching topics to post..coz you know I don't like just yapping away without any interesting topic to write about. A lot of stuff happened and many are really worth posting..( ahh..it will be some great reading for me too )

I decided to take a break to find my balance. I needed to regroup and re-focus my mind . Re-set my priorities and set new goals. I felt like I was going into a very dull monotonous routines and it's not making me happy.

The top of my list are my children of course. They are my backbone. They've allways been my top priorities and I know they know that mommy will always have time for them no matter what.
Second is my husband...well..he's right there almost side-by-side with my kids on my prority list.

So what else....hhmmm...myself....yes myself..
I have been neglecting myself. My health , my weight , my hobbies ...just not interested in doing all that. I needed motivation..I needed extra push.

First , I joined a band. It's called The Modulators . It's more like a hobby band and we get to practice or jam once a week. We played a few gigs too. It was very exciting for me to find that I could still sing.
I'll post more details about "The Mods" later.

Second, I started going to the gym & eating healthy.
The wake-up moment for me was when I saw a picture of me in a very unflattering angle that made me realize..." do I really wanna look like that or should I do something about it"? My husband found a fitness trainer to give me advice and support and it made a lot of difference. Kristi is a proffesional body builder & fitness/health trainer and I was so amazed by her physique I wanted to be like her ( or close..just a tiny bit).
Now I am even more determined to loss weight and get in shape.

Everything that Kristi taught me and stuff that I read about weight loss totally changed my life. But don't get me wrong...It is freakin' hard!!
I changed my eating habbit , I gave up coffee ,diet coke or any sugary drinks, and I go to bed much early. The result of all of this changes is very positive for me and my family. I am more organized and relaxed, I feel so much better about myself. I got more time to get things done at home and and everyday I look forward to going to the gym and see if I could do cardio much lomger, do more sets or more sit ups. These are what I look forward to now everyday.
Did I lose weight? Of course I did :D I can now fit into my old jeans.
But I am not there yet. I have a few more pounds to lose before I could say " Yes , I Did  It!!"..

 
                 Before                                                            After
Note: Pics might not show significant change but do felt like my face has become smaller  two months since I started with the weightloss program. When I am truly skinny ( that would be a great xmas gift for myself) I will bravely post a whole body shot ...with clothes on of course.



So why go back to blogging? Because I always enjoy writing and reading other blogs. There's so much to learn & share. But now I have my balance so I know I'm not gonna sit in front of the computer for hours & hours and not accoplishing anything . I have my priorities and goals I have to meet but time is managed right there's  always  time to spare to blog away.






1 Shared Their Thoughts:

~Mheldz said...

Hi Ger,
so true...
As I get older the only thing consistent about me is my being inconsistent :P. I could never stick to a program, I was so disorganized and irresponsible ( hence the stolen purse,broken car window..etch etch)..
Even my blog u'll noticed pabago-bago ako ng layout. I think it's because my blog is just about the only thing I can control right now and it's all up to me to decide .

Seems to me you've always have your Ying & your Yang so a curve ball once in a while would hurt but you still could swing back to center.

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive